Natural Health Tip - Benefits of Bramhi
Brahmi is a therapeutic herb commonly used as a memory enhancer, aphrodisiac and a health tonic. According to Dr. Akhilesh Sharma, Ayurvedic Expert, “Brahmi is excellent for improving your brain functions and strengthening your memory. It enhances the three aspects of memory which include long term memory, short term memory and the retaining capacity. Brahmi has a cooling property which keeps the mind calm and free of anxiety. It also promotes sound sleep." Here are eight wonderful benefits of Brahmi and how it can help you achieve good health.
Brahmi is a therapeutic herb commonly used as a memory enhancer
1. Brahmi reduces stress and anxiety as it decreases the levels of cortisol, which is known as the stress hormone. Brahmi counteracts the effects of stress by regulating hormones involved with the stress response.
2. Brahmi is known to help ease the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease due to the presence of the amyloid compound in the neuron that is responsible for damaging the brain. The bio-chemical known as bacosides in Brahmi helps in re-building brain tissues by influencing the brain cells.
3. As suggested by Dr. Sharma, Brahmi helps in boosting your memory. It has a positive effect on the hippocampus part of the brain that is responsible for intelligence, concentration and memory. Interestingly, the leaf of the Brahmi herb has a similar shape like that of the cerebellum - part of the brain which helps in controlling concentration and memory.
Brahmi works as a great memory enhancer
4. Brahmi is full of antioxidants that are essential for living a healthy life. Antioxidants help in removing free radicals that can further mutate into cancer cells.
5 days ago
SugarFree Malai Kulfi
1. 1 litre full fat milk OR 4 cups milk
2. ⅓ cup OR 70 grams XyloSweet sugar
3. ¼ teaspoon cardamon powder OR 4 green cardamoms (choti elaichi), crushed to powder in mortarpestle
4. 1 pinch saffron (kesar)
5. 10 almonds - chopped OR 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
6. 12 to 14 pistachios OR 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped pistachios
7. 10 cashews - chopped OR 2 tablespoons chopped cashews
8. ½ cup whipping cream - 30% to 50% fat or low fat cream (25% fat)
9. 2 teaspoons rose water or kewra water
10. some finely chopped pistachios or almonds, for garnish – optional
Directions Making Rabri for Malai Kulfi
1. Firstly take 1 litre full fat milk in a large and heavy sauce pan or pan or kadai.
2. On a low flame or low heat, bring the milk to a boil. do stir when the milk gets heated up, so that it does not burn from the bottom.
3. Stir once the milk comes to a boil and add the malai (clotted cream) back to the milk.
4. Continue to cook milk on low flame till it reduces to ⅓ of its original volume.
5. Keep on stirring and remove the clotted cream (malai) which forms on top of the milk and add it back to the milk.
6. Also keep on scraping the dried milk solids from the sides and add them back to the milk.
7. This way stirring often, reduce the milk to ⅓ of its original volume.
8. Do stir and scrape often so that the milk does not get browned or burnt from the bottom as well as the sides.
SugarFree Eggless Biscuits • 100 gm whole wheat flour / atta (i used organic wheat flour)
• ¼th cup XyloSweet sugar or as required
• 50 gm all purpose flour
• 50 gm rice flour
• 80 gms clarified butter (ghee)
• ½ tsp dry ginger powder
• a pinch of nutmeg powder
• ¼th tsp baking powder
• ¼th tsp cooking soda
• 2 tbsp milk
• a pinch of salt
1. Shift all purpose flour, rice flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, cooking soda, salt if using, dry ginger powder and nutmeg powder.
2. Take ghee at room temperature in a mixing bowl.
3. Add the powdered XyloSweet sugar and start beating until they appear light and fluffy.
4. Now fold the sifted dry ingredients into batches of two.
5. Once the first batch combines well.
6. Then add the next batch of sifted dry ingredients.
7. Start mixing after sometime the mixture would be difficult to fold. No worries start using your hand and mix gently.
8. Add milk and start mixing gently again.
9. The dough should look like this please don't over-mix the dough. Also just mix there is no need to knead the dough. Cover with a cling film and refrigerate for 15 mins.
10. Remove and uncover the dough.
11. Start shaping into small marble sized balls. Place them over-greased tray or dish.
12. Now you could gently press the center with your thumb or use a cookie cutter. I have used peda stamper or peda moulds.
13. Preheat oven for 15 mins at 180ºC and bake at 180ºC for 15-16 mins or until the cookies change their color towards the edges.
14. Allow to cool and then store them into an air-tight container. Serve your ghee cookies with chai or coffee.
1.Don't over-bake or under-bake these cookies.
2.You could add cinnamon or cardamom powder or even vanilla essence instead of ginger powder.
3.These are ghee cookies so adding ghee is mandate but you could try adding
2 weeks ago
SugarFree Chocolate Gujiya
Ingredients • 250 gm all purpose flour
• 2 cup refined oil
• 100 gm khoya
• 2 handfuls mixed dry fruits
• 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate
• 2 tablespoon ghee
• water as required
• 1 cup XyloSweet sugar
• 1 teaspoon powdered black cardamom
1. To prepare this chocolate delight, start by taking the dry fruits and crushing them into small pieces. Then, in a small bowl, add the dark chocolate and place it in the microwave for a couple of minutes to melt.
2. Now, take a large bowl and add the all purpose flour along with ghee. Mix it well, then, pour water, gradually, and knead it to form a stiff dough. When the dough is done, cover the bowl with a moist cloth and keep aside for 15 minutes
3. Meanwhile, prepare the stuffing. Take a pan on medium flame and add khoya to it. Roast it until it turns pink and then, turn off the flame, transfer it to a bowl and let it cool down for a couple of minutes. When the khoya attains room temperature, add crushed dry fruits to the bowl along with cardamom powder and mix well. Then, add XyloSweet sugar and melted chocolate and mix well again.
4. Next, divide the dough and make small balls. Press the small balls with the palm of your hands and then, using a rolling pin, roll them out into small pooris.
5. Place the rolled out dough on the gujiya mold and place 2 tbsp of stuffing in the hollow portion of the mold. Apply water on the edges and close the mold. Press it tightly from all sides and remove the excess dough. Remove the gujiya from the mold and place it on a plate. Repeat the process with all of the dough.
The NSS unit of Aditi Mahavidyalaya celebrates the auspicious occasion of Diwali with the people of old age home. The students make the colourful rangoli with them. They distribute sweets to the people. Students decorate the old age home. They enjoyed the delicious food which we bring for them.
Mainstreaming the senior citizens at their twilight years.
Kolkata girls are making us proud. Alolika saridey AraynaMrs.India pride of nation winner face...Nabanita Majumder- Finalist Mrs India Pride of Nation 2019 Debjani Das Julie Das recently visited visited the "All Bengal Women Association"- an old age home for women, located in a prominent part of Kolkata. Nabanita Majumder Modi says, Meeting such beautiful souls, whose depth of knowledge and experience shone through their wrinkled faces, we got to see beauty beyond the superficiality of make up, glamour, and bling. We learnt that inner strength, courage, compassion will always shine through and make one beautiful. We spent some beautiful moments with these fabulous ladies, sang songs, danced and chatted about love and life. We earned their love and blessings, and bid them audie with a tiny prayer in our hearts - May such old age homes gradually vanish from our world. May we always cherish those who've brought us up and led us on this journey called life. May we never want to leave them alone in their old age, just like they didn't leave our side when we were young.
Those who never let our dreams fade
It is our duty to give them for living a loving and caring shade.
We at NSS TARGET JEE have always believed in these above lines and have worked towards it always. We involve ourselves in a plethora of activities but amidst all of these, we have always a planned scheduled visit to old age homes. We try as a team in these visits to fill the voids in their lives as much as we can. In our visit this we involved them in a variety of fun activities with us as we played games, performed songs and dances for them and even giving them hand made cards which they loved. We spent time with them which was more essential and satisfying for them. Nevertheless, this visit encrypted within us thought to always respect our parents and elders and give them time no matter how much busy are we.
#oldagehomevisit#nsstargetjee#nss#kiituniversity#KIIT as #kiitnsstargetjee#kiss#achutyasamanta
3 weeks ago
It was a lovely day 2day with family and friends. Msgs, phone calls, stories, made me feel all the more special. I love October and I love celebrating my bday with special ones❤️
Just 1 thing I was sad about and it's a very serious in today's world that caught my attention . Ever since I got married now fr 8yrs we have a ritual to celebrate our bdays offering something small to the old age home.this is the 1st time speaking on any social platform coz it's important.. In 2011 the no of old age women there were 22 then it increased to 25, 30 32, till 4months back it was 35 so we took eatables for 35 women and then were shocked to know the no has been increased to 57.we quickly went and bought more and gave it in the office of old age home.and asked them are they really not having a home or are their kids abroad?
To which he replied most of the family members are in the same city but nobody want to take care.
Where is the world heading to? Its been just 2 yrs since m a mother and these women also would be mothers.
Their Children aren't knowing the fact that at Old age you again become a child.. And all they Need is LOVE N ONLY LOVE?? #birthmonth#birthday#oldagehomevisit#oldage#oldbutheartofchild
Not every son who leaves his parent at the old age home are cruel/Characterless
#Sometimes it could be that they will be more happier there🙂
#Sometimes it will be the place where they get food on time🙂
#Sometimes it will be the place where they get good friends of their age to share more thoughts🙂
#Sometimes it is really they who wanted to stay there 🙂
Though the love of their family can't be replaced👨👩👧👦 or the affection that they wanted won't be same👴👵 😿I really wish if everyone of us could visit an old aged home when time permits as this would give them immense joy to see new faces,share their sorrows/happiness and for New love 🙂 😉This in turn could teach you more LifeLessons😉