Today's story is an extraordinarily royal family history contributed by @maqsuramirza. Tonks, The Royal family of Nawab :
"My maternal side of the family are the Nawabs of Tonk. The current Nawab being my uncle (mamu) Nawab Aftab Ali Khan, the 9th in line. The area Tonk in Rajasthan has been continously ruled from the time of Mahabharat, to Guptas, Rajputs, Solankis, Holkars, Scindias and then us. It was established by Nawab Muhammad Amir Khan (1769-1834) a military leader of Pashtun descent from Afghanistan.
The pictures I have sent are the current state of our ancestral fort.
1. The first photo is the insignia of the Nawab of Tonks.
2. The second photo is 'Kacheri Baad Ullah Khan - for legal proceedings.
3. Third photo Is a turquoise painted hypostyle hallway within the fort complex.
4. Fourth photo is the remains of the fort.
5. Is the interiors of the fort that was heavily inlaid with mirror works and gems with painted glass.
6. The sixth photo is of Nawab Hafiz Muhammad Sadat Ali Khan, the 5th Nawab.
7. The begum of Tonk.
8. The Mubarak Mahal - residence of Nawab Aftab Ali Khan - the present Nawab.
9. The shaahi Jama Masjid bada Kuan by Nawab Amir ud daula.
10. The tenth photo is of Sunheri kothi, the famous hall in the fort complex with Belgium mirror works which was beautifully illuminated at night. It was build by Muhammad Ibrahim Ali Khan (1867-1930) for poetry recitals, dance and music.
. This is my families story, the story of Nawabs of Tonk the princely state from 1817 to 1947.
Picture credits : Danish Ali Khan