Sometimes you realise it's still Tuesday... Grilled cheese with smoked light yellow cheese and salami Milano scudo in multiseed wheat bread; dark chocolate filled muffin; biscuit and tahini spread on wholegrain wheat rusk; rice pudding; Golden Delicious apple; Starking apple, carrot, pineapple, orange and apricot juice; Kenya black tea. #thenewbreakfasteverydayproject#livingmylifemyway
Prep-ahead granola will make mornings a breeze and there's so many ways you can use it - save this recipe for later, you'll love it. .
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C
2. Mix together 100g Flahavan’s Organic Jumbo Oats and 40g roughly chopped pecans, then add in 2tbsp ginger preserve ensuring that the oats and pecans are evenly coated.
3. Tip the mixture onto a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes (or until golden brown). Once baked, remove from the oven and leave to cool.
4. Meanwhile, cut 2 grapefruit in half. Then, using a sharp, serrated knife cut the grapefruit flesh away from the peel. Once removed, the grapefruit peel can be discarded.
5. Sprinkle each grapefruit half with half a teaspoon of ground ginger and a teaspoon of honey. Then place under a hot grill for five minutes or until lightly caramelised.
6. To serve, top each caramelised grapefruit half with a dollop of Greek yoghurt, a handful of granola and an extra drizzle of ginger preserve.
🎪 Carnival Grapes 🎪
Seriously i walked by these so many times for the past summer, saying to myself.. those are too expensive..
Just yesterday i realized that I deserve the tiny extra expense for such a fun experience. Its was truely i day at the carnival woth these grapes. So much happiness and fun eating them!
Reminded me of cotton candy grapes, but not as candy like.. is it weird that they reminded me of sorbet? Haha so yum.
Hi friends! So, I have talked a lot about oatmeal sundaes, but never posted what our assembly line looks like. Figured I’d give you a peek into what I set up for my girls and myself!! I set out lots of fruit and nuts, flax seeds, honey, date syrup, nut butter of choice, and homemade whipped cream. The girls love putting all their toppings on and I think it takes the stigma out of boring old oatmeal. Not to mention all the added nutritional benefits making this a wayyy more nutrient dense meal!!! They also get a lessons in the nutritional components that the various foods offer!!! This is a perfect example of the MANY reasons I love sharing food... obviously for sustainability, but being able to watch my girls make food choices and knowing the benefits of what they are picking, makes me so happy! Since Kaelyn is a talking repeating machine right now, she’s learning the names of foods and colors! So not only am I just feeding my princesses, I’m educating them, nourishing them, and spending time together. Getting your kids in the kitchen provides many qualities to their life and I highly encourage it! Food is so important to me and I thank everyone who takes the time to read my posts and use these ideas!!! Happy eating! 💚🥰
10 minutes ago
Summer’s over and melon is gone until next year 🍉💔
But endings bring new beginnings! What new juice do you think we should replace melon with? Let us know below - we really will take all suggestions! 👇🏼