DAIRY FREE & GLUTEN FREE HEALTHY plantain chicken lasagna inspired by the Puerto Rican dish "Pastelón". This was sooooooo yummy!!!!
800 grams of chicken thighs chopped into tiny cubes (you can use beef for this recipe too)
7 cloves of grated garlic
1 large onion, diced into cubes
2 medium sized carrots, diced into cubes
660 grams if baby tomatoes, blended in mixer
1 sweet pepper, blended with tomatoes
1 tsp of black pepper
1 tsp coconut oil
1/4 cup of olive oil
Salt to taste
3 bay leaves
•Recipe: 1. Preheat the over to 250°
2. Prepare the plantains -> Peal and cut the plantain into thin slices.
3. Fry the plantains using a large pan. You dont need to deep fry them. I fried 4/5 slices of plantain using 4 tbsp of olive oil.
4. Cook the chicken -> Place into a pot, cover with lid and let it cook in its steam. Once all of its own water is absorbed, remove lid and add 1tbsp olive oil, salt, 1tsp cumin, 2 tbsp oregano, 1 tsp black pepper. Mix for around 4 mins and then turn the hob off and set it to a side.
5. *time to make the sauce* Add carrots and onion to a pan with tbsp coconut oil and cook on medium heat till slightly soft.
6. Add the garlic, sauté for 1 min
7. Add tomatoes and sweet pepper mixture with 1/4 cup olive oil, 3 bay leaves, 4tbsp cumin and 1 tsp black pepper and salt to taste
8. Let it cook for around 10 mins, until it starts to get slightly thicker. You want a watery yet thick texture. Don't let it dry up completely!
9. Turn the hob off, mix the chicken into the sauce and set to a side.
10. Assemble the lasagne -> Grease the bottom of your pan with olive oil...cover the bottom with a single layer of fried plantain. Spoon a 1-inch layer of the chicken mixture onto the plantain. Repeat with another layer of plantain and chicken...(till you have around 3/4 layers)
11. Pop it into the oven and bake for 15 mins :)) I didn't use any cheese because I don't eat dairy, but you can top it off with cheese/vegan cheese alternative!
😩"Chronic constipation is one of the most common signs that a child has gut dysbiosis and/or a dysregulated immune system or possibly even mitochondrial dysfunction, causing gastrointestinal motility problems.
Many children struggle to have healthy daily elimination because of the following, which all can contribute to an unhealthy diet and consequently, unhealthy elimination:
- Processed foods
- Refined carbohydrates
- Sugar 🍬
- Unhealthy fats
- Synthetic preservatives
- Gluten 🍞
- Dairy 🥛
- Lack of movement
- Insufficient water consumption
Intermittent constipation can often be managed by taking some relatively easy steps such as:
- Increasing fiber content in diet (fruits, vegetables) 🍐
- Supplementing the diet with certain foods such as flax seed, flax oil, or psyllium
- Increasing consumption of water 🚰
When constipation becomes chronic and won’t let up, it is critical to begin investigating the underlying causes of constipation.
There is no doubt that what we eat as humans affects how well we eliminate.
But is there more?
Breaking the vicious cycle of constipation is not just about the right laxative or eating one type of food to make the bowels regular, such as that big bowl of stewed prunes every morning.
Regularity is more about having healthy choices of food on a regular basis..."
LEARN MORE on EpidemicAnswers.org⠀
Time OAT!! How is it already the end of November?!? 🤯
Happy Friday friends! I hope you all have had a great week and are excited for the weekend! It’s been a long and stressful week and there’s only a few more weeks of the semester left so I’m just trying to get through it! Thank you all for your positive vibes and love the past couple weeks! I love and appreciate you all! Enjoy your Friday! 💕
Nothing new here! I love my big bowls of @quaker oats mixed with @livwell_nutrition vanilla protein and topped with blueberries, @safeandfair chocolate granola & @projectjuice chocolate chip cookie dough nut butter! Also featuring my BBB bracelet from my sweet friend @joyful_health 😍
9 minutes ago
A table setting too pretty not to share! 😍 Eggplant Parmesan packer with spinach ricotta & side of roasted broccoli 🥦 #Fridge2Table • 📷: @lbsimon@dwmlady 🙏🏼
Si aún no tienes ni la menor idea de que almorzar... aquí traigo una receta perfecta!! 🍝PASTAS CON PESTO🍝 esta combinación es una de las mejores, la puedes acompañar con lo que más te guste y lo mejor de todo es que no demora nada en hacerla 🙌🏻 INGREDIENTES
Pasta ( yo use la de quinoa del @pastaeldorado)
3 tazas de espinaca
1 diente de ajo
5 cdas de aceite de oliva
1/2 taza de queso parmesano
PROCEDIMIENTO ✔️Cocina la pasta según lo indique el empaque (yo la coloqué de 11-12 minutos).
✔️Mientras que la pasta se cocina procesa la espinaca, el ajo, el parmesano y el aceite de oliva (poco a poco en forma de hilo),por último agregas la sal y rectificas sabor.
✔️Cuando la pasta ya esté cocida, la llevas al sartén, le agregas el pesto y revuelves muy bien hasta que esté todo integrado.
En mi caso la acompañe con salmón, el cual solo lo sazoné con sal, pimienta y ajo en polvo, lo cocine unos 6 minutos por cada lado a fuego medio-alto y para finalizar agregue al plato unos arándanos deshidratados para que le diera ese toque dulce🤤 •
Feel Good Friday. Imagine what’s possible In one year. This program is tended for people who are looking for real long term health. This is not a fad, there’s no such thing as a miracle pill or powder, it’s all about changing our bad habits little by little.
Meet Anna 👇👇
This past year I left unhealthy habits, low self-esteem, frustration, discouragement and hopelessness behind! I decided to take care of myself and live the best life I could for as long as I could! I gained confidence, freedom, energy, restful sleep and my health back! All thanks to finding something with simple yet doable strategies and more support than I could have ever dreamed of! This Christmas I am incredibly thankful I found this program and have learned how I can truly live a healthy lifestyle and enjoy every season of life doing so!! I’m so excited to see what Christmas 2019 will look and feel like!!” .
💥Tasty Oats Upma Recipe:
1. Heat oil in pan
2. Add mustard and cumin seeds
3. Once they start sputtering, add chopped onions, curry leaves and green chilies.
4. Stir fry
5. Add chopped tomatoes
6. Cook for 3-5 minutes
7. Add oats
8. Cook for a minute or two
9. Serve right away