Want to know what I prepped for our freezer as we count down to baby boy's arrival?
I've been sharing as I go in my Stories but I can give a summary of my game plan here. I browsed Pinterest and made a few freezer meals I really enjoyed dumping in the Crockpot my last round postpartum but I'm mainly focusing on having ITEMS prepped rather than MEALS so I can put a meal together in a variety of ways (chicken for fajitas, chicken salad pictured, or throw some on a salad). ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I'll be grocery shopping for fresh produce on a weekly basis anyway so I plan to take a look at my freezer list (the templates I use are in my Ebook. Link in bio @budgetforhealth) and add any extras I need to grab from my grocery list. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
We may get a few meals from our Meal Train through church but here's what I have made or plan to freeze before baby arrives:
- French toast (I bought Kodiak waffles but have heard the flavor is underwhelming plus a single slice of French toast has more protein than 2 waffles.)
- Energy balls
- Protein packed pumpkin muffins (on blog)
- Breakfast sandwiches
- Greek yogurt drops
- Salmon burgers (from Costco)
- Smoothie pops
- Cooked & seasoned taco meat, frozen in 2-pound portions
- Cooked & seasoned chicken thighs
- Thai pineapple chicken curry
- Chicken pot pie soup
- Mexican meatloaf
Check my Stories highlights to see the freezer prep action or you can always DM me for the link to a particular recipe. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
What do you keep in your freezer for quick go-to options?
Are you stressing yourself out over dinner?
You start the day with great intentions but the day explodes, you get so busy, and you end up grabbing really unhealthy crap for dinner because you’re just out of time! Happens to the best of us! .
Well I feel you and I’m here for you because my friends and I are offering a FREE healthy crockpot recipe group next week!!! .
Prep work starts over the weekend and we officially start on Monday. This will be a 5 day group for you to have fun and find some yumminess. We are going to get our bodies moving a little and eat some yummy stuff. Only requirement is that you have a crockpot. .
Drop a heart below if you want in and I’ll add you to the group tomorrow. .
2 hours ago
Still 5 days away from it officially being Fall, but who cares. @kmtaleho Stew cravings kicked in early.
I put beef, lager beer, onions, thyme, nutmeg, carrots, parsley, green beans, brown sugar, tomato paste, salt n pepper, and Dijon mustard in this one.
The mashed potatoes have fresh chopped garlic, green onions, cream, salt n pepper, and butter. Whipped until very smooth.
3 hours ago
I found a great solution for the 3 o’clock sugar craving🤩🤩🤩🤩will you join me?
We now carry a variety of soups from Chef Edwin’s out of Westport, OR. These soups are perfect on a cold rainy day. We also have Beef Barbacoa in the case along with our Crock Pot Meals to make dinner easy. Our Pork Guisada is perfect poured over rice or wrapped in a tortilla!!! #timberlinemeat#easymeals#crockpotmeals#prepisdone#chefedwinssoup
One of my favorite things about fall is crockpot dinners!
Roast with potatoes and carrots is definitely a Midwest FAVORITE for everyone. As you can tell by the poor presentation (🥴) it was fall-off-the-bone tender. So good even the puppy couldn’t stay away 🤪
Crockpot roast tips:
1. make sure you have lots of juices for the meat to cook in
2. Cook on HIGH for 2 hours and then LOW for 2-3 hours or until tender
I always used to cook on low all day.. but this makes all the difference! That’s all for now 🌾
7 hours ago
YUM... Leftovers for lunch! 🍲😋 Do you like Chicken Enchilada Soup? This might be one of my new favorites and it reheated so well.
Recipe in my Health Tip Group 👇
The look of anticipation...
My next Supper Club workshop is coming to a school near you. In just 2 weeks @fresnochristianschools will host a meal prep workshop for their parents and teachers. ✨
Parents will get to prep 10 meals for their families right after school drop-off. Since teachers need dinner too, we will also be prepping meals for any teacher that signs up. Fresno Christian families have giving hearts so for every set of meals made, 1 meal will be donated to a family in need. ✨
The next Supper Club open to everyone will be Sunday, Oct 6th. Save the date- location and online sign up coming soon! Make sure you’re on my mailing list to be sure to receive the announcement first #fresnosupperclub#mealprepworkshop
Hungry? Step by step Special Stuffed Beef Wellington 👍💡Folow @allfood.recipes style 💥 FULL RECIPE 👇 👉🏻Follow www.instagram.com/allfood.recipes 👉🏻
250g Beef mince
100g Grated Parmesan
1 Mozzrella Ball
2 Shortcrust Pastry Sheets
1 Egg yolk
1. Cut the courgette into thin slices lengthways, then cook in a grill pan for 2 minutes on each side.
2. In a bowl, add the beef mince, grated parmesan, eggs, parsely and salt and mix together well. On a baking tray lined with baking paper, make a rectangle shape with the mince mix, then add a layer of grilled courgette on top, then a layer of sliced mozzarella.
3. Using the baking paper, roll the mince up into a sausage, then bake in the oven at 180°C for 15 minutes.
4. Unroll both sheets of pastry and make horizontal cuts 2cm wide across each sheet to give you strips of pastry. Peel alternative strips back in the opposite direction on one sheet, then add another strip from the second sheet perpendicular acroos the others, then fold the strips back over the top. Repeat this process to create a lattice.
5. Place the cooked mince sausage on the pastry lattice, then fold the pastry over the meat and brush the pastry with an egg yolk. Bake in the oven on a baking tray for 15 minutes at 180°C, then enjoy.
Vc: @ chefclubuk.
Meal prep does not have to take forever, and it doesn’t have to be fancy. .
Case in point: I make one big crockpot meal every Tuesday for dinner, because Wednesdays are crazy for us with kiddo extracurriculars and I know that all I will want to do is reheat some leftovers between activities. 😬
So for two days’ worth of dinners, the only real “prep” I had to do was make this marinade ☝🏼that I dumped over a pork tenderloin going into the crockpot. (Granted, I’d made some vegetables the day before, so I knew I already had those for sides.🙌🏼🥦🥬🙌🏼) My children are voracious beasts, so I also ended up having to microwave some sweet potatoes on the fly halfway through dinner.😜🍠🙄
I am not (ever) fancy! My kitchen is very often a hot mess! 🤷🏻♀️But I now have some tried and true recipes that are quick, clean, yummy, and crowd pleasing. That’s really all it takes. 🎉🎉🎉
Comment if you want the recipe for this BBQ pulled pork!😋😋😋