We're on a roll today! Fun and festive pumpkin cake roll with cream cheese filling is just one of many ways to celebrate #nationaldessertday
You will need:
¼ cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
¾ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
⅔ cup pumpkin puree
1 (8 oz.) package Joseph Farms Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Powdered sugar (optional for decoration)
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; line with wax paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
3. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. (If using a dark-colored pan, begin checking for doneness at 11 minutes.) Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.
Beat cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
Extra crispy Sweet Cheese Strudel is just the perfect comfort food on a day like this... 🍵🍂☔️
I had the best couple of days spending them here in London with my parents, we had so much fun playing with Ema, laughing and creating memories together. It was raining all the time we just didn’t care. On days like this it is just extra hard for me to be away from your family and I cannot wait to go back to Croatia again to see everyone. Anyone else know what I’m talking about? 💌😔 Anyway, this strudel was so good, need to make it again and write down the recipe! #HungryAnjaCooks#familyiseverything
Happy Monday All! 🌻🧀🌱🍂Who ate good ol’ string cheese in their lunch growing up? 🙋♀️ Did you ever wonder why string cheese is so... well, stringy? •
String cheese can be included in a camp of cheese called ‘pasta filata’ style (think mozzarella or provolone). During the cheesemake process, fresh curds are cooked and simultaneously stretched in hot water. The act of pulling and stretching the curds works to align the proteins together into a linear structure creating the long filamentous strands you see when pulling apart your string cheese. •
The only question that remains: which side of the isle do you fall on when it comes eating your string cheese? Are you a pull-apart-your-string-cheese kinda person or do you bite into your string cheese like an apple? 😆🤷♀️🧀🍎
For #nationalfarmersday I also made a homemade clam chowder and a cheesy garlic bread bowl to put my soup in. I used my @tillamook salted butter while I was sautéing the veggies for my soup. I also used the butter and made a butter garlic salt that I brushed over my hollowed our bread bowls. Then I put some @tillamook sharp cheddar on the tops of my bread bowls! Everything was so delicious! Thank you to our farmers for all their hard work and helping bring amazing products to our stores! Without you, we wouldn’t have these amazing and fresh ingredients to cook with. So thank you!!
2 hours ago
Easy Vegan Broccoli Cheddar 🥦 🤤
Deliciously perfect comfort food to satisfy to Monday blues. Always one of my favorites! I had picked up some broccoli from the local farmer’s market with one goal in mind... to make an easy cheeze sauce for it 😂
Ingredients - Characters
1 cup broccoli, chopped
1/2 cup plant based milk, I used Silk Original Protein Almond and Cashew Milk
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/4 cup shredded vegan cheddar, I used Whole Food’s 365 Brand Vegan Cheddar
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Method - Tale
1. Pour your plant based milk into a small pot/ sauce pan on low medium heat and bring to boil. Stir frequently
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, add chopped broccoli. Microwave for 2-3 mins/ until soft. Leave inside microwave
3. When plant based milk is boiled, add nutritional yeast and shredded vegan cheddar into the sauce pan and mix until cheeze has melted. Take off the heat.
4. Take broccoli out of the microwave. Pour cheddar cheeze sauce, and top with sea salt and pepper/ red pepper flakes. Enjoy hot 🔥
And they lived happily ever after 😋🙏🏼
Like if you want to try this recipe or are interested 💕
Leave comments below if you tried it or if you have any questions 🤗