STORY TIME 📖 Two years ago around this time I was just settling into being a full time entrepreneur. I put my two weeks in in September 2017 and was promised a severance pay that I hadn’t received. The only thing I knew was that the 9-5 life and that company were no longer for me 🙅🏾♀️
When I received my license 10 years ago I never thought that I would need to use it as my full source of income... but here I am, HAIR is LIFE!
Long story short, sure I had some doubts, some weeks I wasn’t sure if I’d have anything to take home after overhead, people thinking that I made the wrong decisions... because I’m two degrees in, but I made it and am making it! So to you, who may be sick and tired of not being happy where you are in life because you know your purpose or calling is greater... FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS 👣 I did 🤷🏾♀️
The most that can happen is you fall, not fail. And if you do, get back up and try again. Like they say Rome wasn’t built in a day‼️ Go for it 🤗 #29rooms
1. Co-wash!!!! This is short for conditioner only and should be done 2-3 times a week. This is done because using shampoo can be very drying to hair, and strips hair of natural oils that are needed.
2. Shampoo!!! This should be done once every 7-10 days. When shampooing only use shampoos that are sulfate and silicone free! Bonus tip: water should be in the first 2 ingredients
3. Use fingers to detangle!!! It is important that you do not brush curly hair dry. When hair is wet with conditioner I use either a wide tooth comb or my Denman brush.
4. Air dry!!! I personally prefer to air dry my hair, I find that it gives me less frizz. If you must use a diffuser, make sure it’s on low heat.
5. Use a cotton T-shirt or microfiber towel for drying. Curly hair needs moisture. Normal towels absorb that moisture and leave hair too frizzy. Use a Cotten t-shirt and plop or a microfiber towel.
6. Use protein / moisture according to your hair needs. Protein treatments such as rice water can be done once a week (tutorial to come). More intensive protein treatments: Aphogee are only done every 4-6 weeks (tutorial to come). Moisture is applied through deep conditioners. Having a protein moisture balance make curls look bouncy, eliminate frizz and make hair look very healthy overall. And remember: only the 1st 5 ingredients after water have an affect on your hair!!! 7. Use a silk bonnet or a silk pillowcase. This step is simple and is to eliminate frizz. You can use satin or silk, as well as a bonnet, a scarf, or a pillowcase to sleep.
8. Wear a pineapple to sleep 🍍 the pineapple method is done to keep curls from going flat since you hair is at the top of your head and only the sides will touch the pillow.
9. Scalp massage 💆🏻 use oil for this method and rub your fingers in circular motions to encourage a healthy scalp and hair growth, do this every single night for 3-5 mins! Thank me later 💁🏻♀️
10. Get regular dustings. Don’t call these trims because trims chop off too much of hair, get regular dustings to ensure that split ends are not hindering your growth.
Today, i am a black woman in a body of coal i am always burning and no one knows my name
i am a nameless fury, i am a blues scratched from the throat of Ms. Nina Simone — i am always angry I am always a bumble hive of hello
I love like this too loudly, my neighbors think i am an unforgiving bitter sometimes, i think my neighbors are right most times i think my neighbors are nosey 🍁
What was one of your life time best advise you ever received and still live up to that's consistently bring you back in line?
Please do share. "Mine was not everyone that's your friend is really your friend" people enjoy being in the front row seat of your life to be a distraction or be the first to hear or see you fall.
Practicing taking photos with the front-facing camera, the tripod and a ring light. As you can see, I’ve mastered using a ring light and the rear-facing camera. Gonna keep working on this and next week (after midterms and this will be my first time) I’m gonna try making & editing a video. So if anyone has any pointers, just drop a comment below and help a girl out. Thanks.
Anyway, this refresh I did with my favorite @beautyfromtheroots product: hydrating 🥭 hair mist is ah-mazing! So, I’ve been using this spray since February of this year and I’m just about finished with my second bottle. I love this stuff because besides smelling so good, it is so lightweight I can use it practically every day without worrying about buildup or anything. Which I believe is possible because the very first ingredient is aloe vera juice, an ingredient I’m starting to like more and more. Sealed with a little of the crazy growth oil and went about my business.
You definitely need to try these products and you get to use KURLYSYM to save some $$$
SO JUICY💦 You can always spot a style created with @fortifydnaturals Hydrating Products by the way it SHINES! 😍
Stop Struggling with Dry Hair and Experience True Hydration with @fortifydnaturals
Grab your @fortifydnaturals Hydrating Products using the direct link in the bio!